View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #21
tonypaul

Re: Decal Replacement/77 Chevy Sport?

Back in 1986 I had a 1977 Chevy Sport like the one above but in a standard shortbed. Black swb Scottsdale, red interior, white rally rims, red,orange blue, purple stripes down the side and down the bottom. When I got it it had a 454/th400 in it and always thought it was orginal but never could confirm it. I have searched and searched and cant find any pics of it but I do have a couple VHS tapes with a few minutes of the truck if it helps. The first one is the day I got it and my redneck dad taking the trailer ball off the truck and then a year or so later when I was replacing the blown bbc motor with a sbc. In the second video my redneck dad can be heard in the background saying how nice of truck it "used to be" before I tore it all apart.

I later traded the truck for a v8 vega drag car and the new owner stripped it all down and painted it dark blue. We were dumb kids back then and I didnt have a clue how rare that truck was when I got it at 17 years old. My dad has now passed away and I so cherish that few minutes of video of him and me and that truck. I no longer have a VCR to even play the tapes but have been wanting to get the tape transfered to digital media. If it would help you for the placement of the decals let me know and I will get it transfered and load it up on u-tube or something....
tonypaul is offline   Reply With Quote