View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #16
68Stepbed

Re: Project: LS1ick68

OK, I got the old engine/trans out Friday evening. I was going to wait until Saturday morning, but the weather man said Friday would be somewhat nice(at least for Feburary) with a high of around 50 deg. But, it was supposed to start raining late Friday night and turn into snow, then the high for Sat. was only going to be around 34 deg. I know for some of you guys up north, that's probably t-shirt weather but for us southern boys, that's just too dang cold!! Especially for me. I'm turning into a bit of a wuss when it comes to cold weather. :embarrassed: So, I pulled the engine while the weather was tolerable.

Almost out!

Finally out!!

Looks like I have a lot of degreasing to do.

TH350 in all it's grimy glory.

I'm not so sure if I'm gonna stay with the TH350 now, though. It was built in 2001 and has served me well and has no issues, but it has started leaking alot in the past couple weeks of just sitting. I'm sure it could use all new seals and gaskets, a filter change, and an overall checkup. All of this is gonna run me about $200. I'm also going to have to change to some kind of stall converter, which will be about another +/-$200. That's going to be about $400 in this trans. and I can get a 700R4 built for about $900. I figure I might as well just spend the extra money on the 700R4 and be done with it.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote