View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
red69ss
Burnouts are therapeutic

Re: here's my new project soon to be "daily driver"

I got the grill polished today, it turned out pretty good. It was a nightmare getting the grill apart, I took the inner grill off and both end grill supports. The flat head screws that held it together were extremely rusty and I had to cut most of them out.... Flat head screws should be outlawed and anyone caught using one should be jailed for life.

The bad news : I took the truck for a ride today for the second time, when I got on the truck it sprayed oil on the windshield (since it doesn't have a hood). When I got it home and investigated it the front pan seal was pouring, so it looks like I wil be pulling the engine back out to put a pan gasket set on it. It has a chrome timing cover on it and the front at the seal looks like it is flared too far forward so I'll also put a stock cover on it. I knew I shouldn't have trusted the po work, he had put this gasket set in new.

The last pic is of the cotton buff I used to polish the grill, along with the polishes I used.
Attached Images

1972 PONTIAC LEMANS CONVERTIBLE (WIFE'S CAR)

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met." - Rodney Dangerfield

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Einstein
red69ss is offline   Reply With Quote