View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #15
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

Re: Build: I've never done bodywork...but I can change if I have to! (bagged '67 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by formikaus View Post
looking great. i can't believe how good the cab was/is. nice solid truck, great progress.
Thanks, I'll try be politically correct, but yea, the guy I bought the truck off of was from an Indian reserve near Calgary, so there are actually a lot of good truck bodies coming out of those places as they don't see the road for very long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
Looking good!
I know all about "bodywork helpers", the first time around on my truck I had a buddies dad help me weld in rockers/corners. He f'd it up so bad that I had to buy another cab.
Now that is scary! I would have been growing horns if that were me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy88 View Post
Good luck with your build.
Thanks!

I got some updates, but first funny story time!

I was working on my truck again today, the usual 10hr day and getting near the end of tonight I was putting the finishing cut into my cab support. Then all of a sudden... Bang!! so loud, right beside my head! I figured my homade saw horse cracked or something!? darn scared for 1.5seconds I tell ya!
Anyway, what happened was the air line was resting right up against a halogen light I was working with under the cab, the hot light actually melted a hole right through the air line and blew out!
I think even the dog was laughing at me after that one..

well I had about 7 minutes of grinding left, so I pulled a Red Green and did a little Duct Tape/Tye Wrap mod to allow me to finish.
Name:  March  1st 2012 011 (Small).JPG
Views: 3389
Size:  69.3 KB
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote