Thread: 1959 Fleetside
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #15
dug224

Re: 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Hey, noticed your worries about the no-limit video. I bought and used the same video, and I really didn't have many questions after watching it, other than ride height what were your concerns/questions? If you look at my build thread you can see my trucks stance after the no-limit video install. It sits a bit high (considering i did a axle flip and lowered the rear) I used Hotchkis loweing springs and really like the ride height. some people like to really slam these trucks, and for that your better off tucking the bottom of the subframe under the truck frame. if you have any questions I can try to answer them, buy in the mean time you can see photos of my ride height, as well as new height after I installed the lowering springs last month.
as mentioned, you should start a build thread in the projects section so its easier to follow your progress!

congrats on the California truck and welcome again!
Thanks for the suspension help offer. I will be calling on you once I restudy your thread. I spent yesterday evening getting the frame nearer the ground and trying to determine where I want to be ride height wise at the end of this. The pictures show the ride height as a result of the leading edge of driver cab step at 10.25" off of the ground. Cab is slightly out of level towards the front. Initially thought 8.0" was a better dimension until I mocked it up. Seems a bit too low so I moved it up. I will hang the driver fender and bedside this weekend to get a better feel for it. Looks like I will need to decide and buy wheels and tires early if I want to get the ride height nailed. I have always really liked painted steel with hubcaps. One thing I know I will need is your wheel/tire sizes and dimensions from the frame to level ground from two locations (front and back) that we both still have on our frames. Maybe the cab mounting points. I would like to mimmick your setup in real life. I want it at car ride height-ish but intend to drive it daily and don't want so low that it drags on speed bumps and such.

Did not know about the build thread location for this information. Thanks to you and Poncho Villa for the direction. Will straighten it up this weekend after I finish my taxes.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote