View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:34 AM   #958
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: My 68 swb build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77chris03 View Post
i believe i figured out why it wont shift.....not enough tranny fluid....i fired it up, pulled it out and let it warm up....nada on the dipstick...oops...added a quart and she hit 2nd gear. now to adjust the tv cable so it doesnt burn up the tranny....hopefully my headers will be here tomorrow.... i did finally bite the bullet and buy new front signals... heres a pic....
Low fluid will definitely keep it from shifting but not having the TV cable adjusted will also delay the shifts and make them excessively harsh when they do happen too. Don't drive it until you get the cable hooked up and adjusted. It can destroy a perfectly good trans in a very short time.

Try to get Brittany out in the shop with you so she doesn't feel left out or neglected, even if she is just hanging out watching & learning.

I had the same issues with my wife until I involved her in my projects. She doesn't do much work but we can still talk while I am working and she doesn't feel like I am cheating on her with the other woman any longer.

She's not really interested in the build process but she enjoys the finished product so she puts up with it. Mostly she just hangs out and plays around on her iphone but at least we are together. Occasionally I can get her to help out when I need a hand.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote