View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Lower

Lower's 70 Ol Green build

Well I guess ill start my build thread.
First off this truck was bought in OKC by my great grandpa in 1970, I still have the original purchase agreement and the original service manual. Original 350/350 truck. It has never left the family and I finally got my hands on it in 2005. It had been a farm truck its whole life and had just sat outside since it was new.
I had a friend of mine start the body work on it about 7 years ago then he got deployed so the body still needs alot of sanding and straightening. Replaced rockers and cab corners, still needs the body support on the pass side put in and i am sure i am missing a few other places that need attention. Mounted a fuel cell in the rear framer rails. At one time I had a built 355 in it but sold that motor to fund another project that led me to the lsx swap i am about to do.
I am building it as my daily driver, already got a 5.3 and 4l60 from a 2000 donor truck. It has been dropped 4 and 6, I plan on bags somewhere down the road.
The pics make it look like a leopard where the trim holes were shaved, gas filler, antenna, tailgate was smoothed but i am not happy with it so ill end up replacing it at some point.
Never mind the tires and wheels in the current pics, I stole the tires off of it to put my current daily driver lol, the ralleys might get reused but im trying to find a set of 20's at a decent deal to roll on.
And now that you skipped the novel, on with some pics.
When i first got the truck running back in 05

The old powerplant

Me putting the smack down on a 383 t bucket at a street race in Elk City back in 09

And how it looks as of today.

And what thread would be complete without a parts pic!

Ol Green 1970 K10ish LWB,454/400/205, been in family since new.
My build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=516056
Lower is offline   Reply With Quote