Thread: Lost My 65
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #249
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Lost My 65

So you are saying that your neighbor, had a shop install a different model of 10 bolt carrier and gears into a Eaton HO32 housing? I have not heard of this before. Do you have any info as to what the application of the parts are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC View Post
For a 10 bolt, what the vendor did was update the original housing my neighbor has with later model carrier and other internals.
According to that shop/vendor, the only thing left original were the axles and housing. (he, my neighbor, did a disk conversion later.)
I only have build experience with 9 inch and old Olds/Pontiac 3rd member style rear ends so I don't know how "easy" it will be to swap out anything. However, it couldn't be all that hard. Because of my neighbors truck, I know it is possible.
I wouldn't call a gear swap an easy job, but it does require the proper tools to do the job. Which as with any job, the proper tools makes a big difference in performing the task at hand. At a minimum you will need a dial indicator, a magnetic base, a dial caliper, and a H-frame press or some other way of pressing bearings off and on. Plus of course all the necessary bearings, shims and seals along with gear marking compound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
Are the gears easy to swap out?
Posted via Mobile Device
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote