View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #349
silver7

Re: Project: Custom 71 4x4 hotrod

Wow -just noticed how long it has been since I posted. My 10 year old son is playing baseball and AAU basketball at the same time, not to mention I am one of his baseball coaches. Also been traveling a lot for work so time has been limited lately. But I am still as excited as ever to get this thing completed.

I have been doing some work these last couple of months such as cleaning cleaning my transfer case and transmission for paint, purchasing a mint Mastercool Hydraulic brake line flaring kit off Craigslist ($240). Also purchased some custom parts from Offroad Design (extended front braided stainless and Kevlar brake lines) and Inline Tube since the kit I bought needed modifications. Yesterday I finished plumbing my brake lines, minus the master cylinder of course. Used a cut off wheel to cut the lines, a drill to clean the lines out, sandpaper to prep the end, Mastercool hydraulic kit to double 45 degree flare my lines, and a little contraption I bought on Ebay to bend my lines. I am happy with how it all turned out.
Attached Images