View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #47
ctandc

Re: Here We Go - 65 C10 LWB - For the Kid

Got up this morning and got to work. Had to get the engine / tranny out, the engine on the engine stand, the truck moved back to its spot of the backyard. After that was cutting grass, then going to the dump, then fixing a flat for a friend. I'm now kicked back with a beer.

Drain some fluids - of course enough stays in just to spill out later on. Law of relativity.

You know... Like the ratchet relativity : The looser the bolt, the harder it will be turn once you taker the ratchet off and try to loosen it buy hand. Of course it will practically fall out once you put the ratchet back on.

She fought. I guess you get to feel at home after 47+ years.

That's another one for me. (Yeah I'm still keeping score. Yes I'm competitive.) LMAO

The aftermath:

The load leveler is worth every penny. Of course being from Harbor Freight, the tool worked fine, after I reversed the handle after it was put on backwards.

See the wood prop up front? The engine stand is great (AC Delco brand from O'Reilly's) The big box store bolts, not so much. Don't trust 'em. I'll hit Fastenal for some Grade 8 stuff Monday after work.

After convincing my wife she needed to be INSIDE the cab to steer - yeah after 17 years I should know better, just nod and then end up doing it my way anyway. Pushed it up the majority of the hill then yanked it in place with my truck.

Back in its spot:

Next up engine cleaning and paint. I've got a gallon of Omni clear I've had, I'll order some epoxy primer and a quart of black gloss base and silver base for the engine. Plan is oil pan black, valve cover black, engine block / head silver, then figure out what color for intake / exhaust manifold and all the accessories.

And we're definitely going to experiment with the matte silver look, like here:

And we're looking at painting the bumper, grille, and possibly the custom cab trim in satin black, with black Coys.i

It has BEGUN. It will NOT be a simple or cheap as I planned it, but what project every is?

Right now project total is a tad under $600 including materials and tools purchased.

Looks like I've got a about $300 worth of crap I'm getting rid of from the garage, so that will knock it down, but that money goes for parts of course!!!