View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #55
ctandc

Re: Here We Go - 65 C10 LWB - For the Kid

Well I feel like I'm actually making some progress!!!

Since this truck will likely take up all my “spare” time for quite a while, I decided to get rid of all my motorcycle riding gear and some equipment. I sold my last bike at the end of last Summer, and had planned to snag another one right around the time this truck fell in my lap.

That sale (ongoing) is adding some much needed capital into this project and it doesn’t “Count” towards the project budget since I already had the stuff. Yeah I know, but it makes sense to me. At least when my wife starts seeing stuff show up, I can tell her I bought it with proceeds from selling off stuff I already had.

I ordered a gallon of epoxy primer and catalyst. Two sprayable gallons should last me for a bit.

I’m going to slide by the local paint supply and pick up a pint of silver base and a quart of black base. I already have a quart of clear and reducer etc. So time to put it to use. I’m going to get on cleaning and priming and painting the engine.

It will look good (hopefully) and it will definitely hold up. Not only that, I can get some much needed practice spraying base and clear. I’m going to use my mini-HVLP gun to do it all. Yeah I know, not ideal, but I’ll muddle through.

Still trying to line up a trailer to go pick up my new-to-me SWB frame. I also might grab the inner fenders, radiator support and grill support panel from that truck as well. They aren’t in great shape, but between my parts and those parts I should be able to patch together some suitable steel.

Hoping this guy didn’t sell the 73-87 spindles I called about. Had to go out of town last weekend for Easter. You snooze you lose.

Also hitting the junkyard Saturday morning. Looking to pick apart that 70’s Camaro with the 250 engine and there is a ’66 and ’64 C10 in the yard, hoping for some joy on some parts.