View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #17
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

Re: 67 GMC Lift thread

Well, I got under it today, and with a little bit of cursing some Sea Foam Deep Creep, and some PB Blaster...oh and of course a BFH (actually a 3 lb sledge) I got the original steering arm off the 67...then installed the new one. I'm going to see if the drag link will adjust out far enough to reach the steering arm cause if not i'll have to find one. Looks like the lift is going to net around 7" right now but hopefully the springs will settle it down a bit. gotta take the rims and tires into work with me tomorrow and mount the rubber on the rims.

I went to a local 4 Wheel Parts to see what they had to offer as far as adjustable drag links for lifted trucks, but the one they had messured approximately 13" with the link ends all the way in, and stock for this truck, (well at least mine) messures approximately 18" and the distance from the pitman arm centered with the hubs straight all the way to the end of the steering arm is 23" I doubt that the 4 Wheel Parts drag link would work. So does anyone know of a drag link that will work for my application, cause if not, i'll be doing the power steering sooner than i wanted to and doing cross over steering with a front axle swap. Which sucks, cause I'm pretty happy i was able to get off a 45 year old steering arm off.
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote