View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
badass66ss

91 c1500 stutter on acceleration

First off I want thank all of the folks who contribute to this forum as there is a wealth of knowledge here. Although this is the first time I am posting as I just finally created a login, I have been browsing the forums for the past 4 years. I especially want to thank ChevyTech as he has inadvertantly answered many of my questions while helping others. Now, my problem child. I recently bought a new (old) 91 c1500, 350, TBI, automatic. The truck has had a stutter on acceleration since day one. Once the truck warms up, when accelerating, it acts like air is retarded. What I have done: plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor, CTS, MAP, new injectors, coil, new ECM, new federal PROM, fuel filter, timing control module, and knock sensor. We bypassed fuel filter to check fuel pressure and I get a steady 12 psi during idle and acceleration. I checked all ground straps and all are secure and the wiring is not damaged. My uncle is a retired mechanic of 45 years and he is stumped as to what could be causing this. Also, when unplugging O2 sensor or other components, I do not receive a cel. PLEASE HELP.
Posted via Mobile Device
badass66ss is offline   Reply With Quote