View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #131
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 68 build...south of DFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blfuller123 View Post
I have actually seen several on craigslist, just need to be home for more than 24 hours to go look at whats out there. I think I have 3 or 4 more weeks of traveling and then I will be back to home everyday.
All I was saying, it seems unless you find a desert dwelling cab they all have hidden rust. I may be wrong about Texas cabs, but here they all have issues. I had one that was "rust free" when I parked it back in the early 90s. It sat here and rusted all over. Another one, my friend Mark (Crash OK) bought from my personal collection, I thought was pretty good turned out to be very rusty.

I'm not saying they aren't out there, just look everywhere on your new one. Under the cowling, under the dash, the inside front roof panel, around the windshield (front and back), around the heater/a/c box, (hopefully, you can find one thats been stripped bare because if it's assembled you won't know. Of course you know the main areas to look for, the front rear supports, corners, kick panels, rockers. Good luck on your search. If you find two let me know, I'm looking for another one.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote