View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #77
my4by2

Re: Daughter's 1st Square

Man I really despise the internet at times... Just when ya think you've got it all planned out, something comes along to make you say, "Hmm, that looks good".....

This is exactly what happened to me today - strolling along on the net & came across a shot of a truck somewhat similar to my Daughter's with a set of 20" Dodge Ram spare tire wheels on it.

I personally think they'd look really good on there (better than the 15" stock style would) - not so much in that factory color per say, just the overall appearance & fact that they're 20" wheels. It's also something that isn't on everyone else's truck out there!

If I went with something like that it'd require running adapters since they are the 5x5.5 bolt pattern rather than my stock 5x5 set-up. Kind of would like to do this anyhow as I have the issue with the different thread rear studs & also dislike the way the factory rear track width is narrower than the front is in these trucks - I could get thicker spacers for the rear.

She still wants "red" wheels, so I could easily have these powder coated to match the "GMC" trim we've got & then maybe get a flat black pin strip along the lip or something to set-it off a little since it's so much larger.

Also would most likely end up running some stock type GMC center caps - the chrome ones that are held in place by the lug covers.

Guess I'd like any opinions from the group on which they think would look the best.

Attached Images

my4by2 is offline   Reply With Quote