View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #235
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuKasey View Post
Like I said!! well worth the drive for a killer score! The deals are out there and you seem to finding some good ones. The direction your truck is going in... its going to get ALOT of well deserved attention!
Been keepin my eye open on craigslist and ebay for 64-66 parts, and it's surprising how many good deals are out there if you look often enough. Last Friday I found a '66 only tach and air pressure gauge cluster for $245 shipped, Buy It Now on ebay. It had only been posted a few minutes when I found it so I jumped on it before anybody else did- it should get here tomorrow or saturday. There was a tach dash on ebay yesterday for $199 BIN or Make an Offer; it lasted less than two hours. Cleaned up, those tach gauge clusters have been going for $500+ so I was thrilled to find one half price.

I'll buy a set of decals to restore the gauge faces, get a new lens, blast/paint the frame and use it in Goldilocks. I may take the tach out though, use a modern 8k rpm tach and have a new face made that has the original look and fonts, but go to 8k rpm instead of 5k. North Hollywood Speeometer takes old gauges and puts modern guts in them, while keeping the old look so I may use them to redo the tach. The air pressure gauge will be perfect to keep check on the pressure in the air bag's tank.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote