View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
osaltyone

Re: L59 fuel question

Thanks for all the replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83_shortwide View Post
Looks like the numbers are on the drivers side, back corner of the block next to the flywheel.
The only numbers I can find on the back of the block and stamped are 12567398. Can't find anything on google and nothing close to the VIN I was given 1GNEK13T76R167608.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
The black nylon line goes to the evap purge solenoid, you wont need it. Also, an 06 should be single line rail, either flex fuel or not. I belive the earlier flex fuels were double up to about 04 or 05.. might be worth checking to make sure they gave you the right engine. You'll need to run the return to the tank on a return style fuel rail.

Also if you got the PCM with it, it's got the VIN in it, but you'd have to power it up to read it.
Posted via Mobile Device
So if I wanted to stay emissions legal would that line run to a charcoal canister or the extra bung on the gas tank. Yea, I am thinking they might have done a swap on me or told me it was for a different vehicle. I just have to find a way to prove it.
I do have the PCM, just not sure how to power it up and read it. I plan to send it out for work. Guess they could get it at the time. The harness has no cuts (checked that before I left). It has the white label on it, but is faded and I can't read the info on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho55 View Post
Does it have a cable throttle body or a drive by wire?? Your fuel rail and regulator looks identical to mine and its an 2002 motor, and they changed the regulator in 03 or 04 I think.
Posted via Mobile Device
It has a DBW throttle body the # on that is 1257080 RME75-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
A Flex Fuel engine would have stainless fuel rails not plastic. ALL L59 engines are Flex Fuel, You have a LM7 (If its a 5.3L).

Trucks & SUVs went "returnless" in 04, I doubt thats a 06 Tahoe engine.
That is what I thought stainless. I did not want FlexFuel and the guy said it was the regular version of the L59; but the return was throwing me off since he said it was from an 06... I can run it back to the tank no problem as I have the return on my brothers tank.
osaltyone is offline   Reply With Quote