View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #47
MisterC

Re: MisterC's "Project Luigi" Thread

Up until now, I've been posting the progress on my truck on the "What did you do to your truck today" thread. After reading through several of the build threads last week, I decided I'd like to have my old build thread. If nothing else, it's nice to have just one place to go back and look at things. Leddzepp was ever so kind to move my post from the general section to the Project/Build section so that I could do just that.

First let me start by some background on my truck's name. I know that most trucks end up being named after a woman, but I just couldn't come up with a woman's name that would make me think of the lines on these trucks. My kids say he's like my best friend and my name is Mario, so they named him "Luigi" and it stuck.

At some point, I'll go back and add some pictures of the work I've done from the start, but for now, I'll just pickup from where the last posts left off. From the time I picked him up until after the CPP show in March, my primary goal was to get it roadworthy and to be able to trust it to make the trip to CPP. Well, the show came and the trip went off without a hitch.

With the next C/10 Club get together scheduled for May 20th in Stockton, I figured I had plenty of time to take on some more upgrades and improvements.

With that said, I pulled the master cylinder off and installed a power brake booster out of late model chevy using CaptainFab's booster adapter plate. I've gotten the vacuum line hooked up with the help of a new manifold vacuum tee. All I have left to do is bend the new brake lines from the master cylinder down to the crossmember.
Attached Images

350 V-8 - Powerglide

My not so much a build thread as a "Slow Progression Thread":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486894

Last edited by MisterC; 04-29-2012 at 09:55 PM.
MisterC is offline   Reply With Quote