View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #14
Firebirdjones

Re: Criminals! and a steal proof hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncytruck View Post
I'm more concerned with someone stealing the whole truck. I had my Blazer parked in the driveway one night and my wife heard a car outside. She looked out the window to see someone trying open the door. I got lucky that we saw them. The truck is now locked in the garage where they can't steal it or the rear hatch.

I've also heard about thieves backing a tow truck up to a car and towing it away.
Yep, and to do that with anything of mine will require work as well, as I always back into parking spots with no rear access.

So they would have to crawl under neath and unhook shift linkage and parking brake,,,,or jack the rear up for tire rollers.

Pulling from behind wouldn't be all that easy with a 1st gen blazer either, since the steering wheel doesn't lock,,,,it would require tire rollers under the front too.

Either way it's not very quick to do, in broad daylight they sure would be attracting attention to themselves. It also helps that I never leave it parked where I can't watch it, and it doesn't sit outside at night either, locked garage only. Part of collector car insurance policy anyway.
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote