View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #28
KSWes

Re: What I can afford, when I can afford it... 70 Chevy LWB

So a little more progress over the last couple of days I put on a reciever hitch and trailer light, and brake control last weekend. No pictures but it wasn't anything too exciting, just a lot of tedious work getting the wiring for the brake control ran and wired up. We traded our vehicle that was set up for pulling a trailer, so I had to get the C10 ready to pull as we're getting ready to do some home improvement stuff... My front suspension needs freshening and I'm doing disc brakes so since the truck will be doing a little more than puttering around, I felt like I should get that done now. Doing balljoints brakes, anti-sway bushings, etc... Hoping to finish it up this weekend... Blasted the donor spindles and dust shields last weekend weekend, and got them painted up with some rustoleum hammered finish paint, turned out really good, makes it look like steel but should keep it from rusting much...

Also got new calipers, painted them with some silver caliper paint hoping to prevent some rust...

cleaned up the bearings etc. ready to put them in the new 6 lug rotors...

The hard work will happen this weekend, pulling the front end apart, and changing ball joints and getting the control arms cleaned up, blasted and repainted. There is about 43 years of grease and grime on them.

My Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=513002
KSWes is offline   Reply With Quote