View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #21
WIDESIDE72

Re: Bought myself a "New" hauler

I was leaving my place in the country Where I keep my "junk" the other day after installing the tune and k&n. Some high school kids in an early 90's dodge cummins Reg cab 2wd with a big stack in the bed pulled out in front of me from a side road, then poked along. I flipped the high beams at him to let him know to "p**s or get off the pot" as my dad would say. He dropped his down a gear or two (standard) and the kid on the pass side stuck his arm out the window and waved "goodbye". Funny thing was, all that happened was a bunch of smoke poured out. It was a straight road and we were doing about 45 mph. I hit my left signal and put her to the floor. I passed him like he had the e brake on! I looked down about the time I flipped the right signal on to get back in the right lane and glanced at the speedo to see 100 mph! ( uh oh!) I backed off the pedal and he came barreling up behind me several seconds later. A few miles later we were in town and they pulled up next to me, motioning for me to roll down the window. I did and the kid on the pass side yells"what you got in that thing!?!?" I said "duramax with a tow tune and k&n intake, stock exhaust" He said "damn that thing runs, especially for a crew cab 4x4 with a big ol ranch hand on front!"
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by WIDESIDE72; 05-15-2012 at 01:51 AM.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote