View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #186
McMurphy

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Your truck looks immaculate man, I cannot wait to see it in person!
For your photos here are a couple tricks:
It is UV saturation that makes them look so washed out of color, especially the higher in elevation you go. That is why the sky is almost white.

To combat this you can get a UV filter for your camera, and that will bring the blue back to the sky, and the green to the areas of grass that are in the most direct sunlight.
However that will not help you with the sharp and hard shadows you experience with daylight shots.

A cheap way of working around both these issues is shoot your pics an hour to 30 min before sunrise. The atmosphere will be mostly dust free at that time, the water in the background should be (more) stilled, and all your shadows will be softer allowing more detail to show in your shot. And the UV wont be such an issue.
Morning is preferred for cleaner and less diffused pics than say twilight after the dust of the day has gotten into the air as it will tend to tint your shots with that signature orange you see often in photos from that time of day.

This photo is of my original 66 Tempest Custom 2dr no post coupe that was stolen while I was posted in Korea. It was taken at Parcourse Lake on Ft Rucker, Alabama an hour before sunrise with a Minolta Maxxum 7000i 35mm SLR using Kodak film (I forget now what speed film it was) this photo was taken June of 1999.
I do not know why but it is a fact of nature that bodies of water are the most calm before sunrise. Sometimes just for fun I will hand the original of this photo to people upside down to see if they catch it.
Name:  parcoursetempest.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  43.5 KB

The only other way I know of is to shoot on cloudy days. But in those you have to compose you photos to crop out the grey cloudy skies.

And I suppose you risk getting rained on too

I am sure Shrunken has more or better tips than that, IIRC he is a professional photographer wereas I was only semi-pro for a while.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1

Last edited by McMurphy; 05-20-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: added photo and more blah blah blah... LOL
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote