View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 04:52 AM   #313
Darkrider

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
You will need spindles for the 1-1/4" rotors.

As far as I know the C30 lower control arms should work. If you want to verify before purchasing the control arms, go to the parts store and compare the '88-'98 lower ball joints with the C30 lower ball joints. See of the part that presses into the control arm is the same.

When you determine if they will work or not, please post back here so the rest of us will know. Thanks
Its been awhile since i have been on here. However i have found out the following by doing a search on Rockauto as well as the MOOG website. The 71-87 C20 models and C30 models use the same upper and lower ball joints. As i mentioned before i know where i can get my hands on basically a complete C30 dually donor truck. So im going to wind up going one of two ways. Either pull the entire front suspension and rear diff from the C30 and make my truck into a C30 or pull the entire front end from the C30 and the front end of my C10 and do a full a cross member swap with the 2500LD spindles and rotors. Unless i can pull just the Upper and lower control arms from the C30 and bolt them to my C10s existing front end. But to be honest i would rather pull the entire crossmember assembly since that will also give me the proper engine mounting points for the 6.2 Diesel. Unless of course the mount points are the same between cross members.
Darkrider is offline   Reply With Quote