View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
quadzero

Re: '87 GMC Blue Rhino Project

Thanks, React. I'm very happy with it so far and if you like stickers, you will like BDS. I found the kit included alot of things that weren't even shown in the pics when I ordered it. But the kit shackle bushings didn't work with my shackles, (not the ones that came on my truck anyway), so I lost a lot of time modifying and ordering new bits and pieces here and there. Finally made some progress and got the rear springs on after hours of fighting with rusted out nuts and bolts. A torch would have come in very handy here.

My 35" tire sure looks small now and you can really see how rusted everything is.

Last weekend I got the front springs on. Went alot slower then I was hoping for. Most days I would sit inside while it rained. On May 25 we got wet snow, way too sloppy to be working in the driveway. My exhaust pipe is holding up the front driveshaft now and is not connected to the diff. Luckily this wasn't a surprise because BDS lets you know about the exhaust modification on their site.

This is pretty much where I stand now, a very rare day where the sun came out. I had to disconnect all the brake lines because of the extra lift and most broke in the process. So for awhile I have been working underneath on little things that aren't very noticeable but take me a long time to accomplish, like bending brake lines. Also have to fabricate new hangers to attach the lines and brake hoses to before I put the front wheels back on. Cheers.
quadzero is offline   Reply With Quote