View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #218
RckyMntnKng

Re: My Build Thread (year+) on 71 Jimmy 4x4

Unfortunately I didnt take alot of pictures during that step..but I do remember the research I had done.

If you wanted to take the time to do it Super nice, then I would order online, or find in a junkyard - the striker pin pockets that mount in the floor and allow the seat to rotate, fold forward, and lock down via the lever in the back of seat. You would have to fab them into your floor and reinforce but would be pretty tight.

The route I took was a quicker easier cheaper one but it accomplished a couple things i wanted that the first way wouldnt. I wanted my seats to sit up higher off the floor so that knees wouldnt be in your chin all the time. Also I wanted space under the seat for storage, and wanted them pushed forward more so the rear cargo area increased.

All I did was pull the fabric off the bottom to gain access to the frame, and welded some 2" pipe legs with 4"x4" flat plate feet for support and then sandwiched the other side with another plate exactly like mounting a roll bar. I made new holes in the floor about 3 to 4" forward of the the original seat mount holes. Overall i like how it turned out with the pull out drawers.