Thread: New project
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #158
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Re: New project

Got it home and did some adjustments to the bars Checked everything out to make sure it was ready to go and headed for the track friday night . Truck did pretty well ,, but had some space in the front spring eye mount inside the Caltracs and outside the eye . Seemed to be rocking on the sidewalls all the way down . Added some tire pressure as a temp fix . ended up 4 clicks from firm on the Ranchos and 1 turn of preload in the bars . Truck was working but i ended up going red bad almost every pass .

Got it home and saturday morning dropped the front of the springs and shimmed the space with washers for tractor supply . Greased everthing and set tire pressure at 17 . Won the first round and broke out second round with a 11.25 on a 11.30 . I even had the time to dump with my reaction ,, which still wasn't on .

Sunday morning worked on it again . Pulled the spacer plates between intake and nitrous plat and plate and carb as it seemed to want to stumble unless it was at the perfect temp. Took 1/2 turn of preload out of the bars . Dropped 1 # or pressure out of the slicks so they could wad up and put my 26 " M/T sportsmans on the front . It went .006 right off the trailer . Worst light was a .051 . Got down to 9 cars and went red .093 . Truck seems to leave great if i load the converter and suspension . If i get a head start on the converter from idle it pulls the front tires straight out of the beams . Still working to get a handle on it . Points should come out in a couple of days . thinking sunday put me in the #2 spot .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote