View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 04:51 AM   #13
cotsi95

Re: Wade's 52 5 window

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdecat View Post
Found it on Ft Collins craigslist. It was pretty cheap so i couldn't pass it up. I ripped the firewall padding out yesterday and it was pretty gross in there. This rig was a rat motel for sure. I think I saw that 235 on craigslist too. The one in my rig runs so I lucked out there. I do need the heater fan speed switch as mine is busted. I'm also going to have to rewire the entire thing and get a new battery. I was going to convert to 12v, but buying a 6v battery is so much easier. Next will be getting the gauges working, getting a new red needle for the speedo, and getting new numbers on the odometer if it is still salvagable.

I wish I had a 5 window. I've got my eye on a '49 with all the good parts from an '88 4wd blazer.
I know classic parts sells new needles and gauge reface kits that comes with new decals to do the odometer, i redid mine and its pretty easy. The 235 was from a panel truck a guy was selling and the buyer of it didnt want the motor so i picked it up pretty cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdecat View Post
Any luck with the new motor?
Yep I got it tore down yesterday. It is a 54 full oiler, it has .60 over pistons that look great. The walls are perfect, the mains are .10 over and the rods are .20 over. The rod bearings were pretty bad but no scratches on the crank or anything, im just gonna get the crank polished, drill and tap the block for a full flow oil filtering and drop new bearings in it and run it. Oh i almost forgot the best part. It has a 56 848 head, which to my understanding is a higher compression head? (Looking into it more).

Also should have some goodies here on friday, im collecting a pretty good parts pile and should be able to get some work done as long as the smoke from the fire stays away. For anyone thats been watching the news the high park fire is about 5 miles from me and its pretty bad, you can't really breath outside as the smoke of just everywhere in town.

I've been a little busy with other projects as well, I home brew so today i bottled a cherry wheat ale that i brewed 2 weeks ago, it's pretty damn good if i do say so myself!

and im also working on a full frame off street rod build on my dad's 57 belair. Flatliners is currently doing the body work and painting the body, should be pretty epic when its done!

heres a pic of the frame from today and what the car looked like before we started the body work a few months ago.

Hopefully ill have some more updates soon, I really need to organize my parts and get a plan in action.
cotsi95 is offline   Reply With Quote