View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #8
UncleMatt

Re: 71 C30 dually restoration

And some more pics

I'm going with 22.5 in Alcoa big rig wheels. I found this set of brand new front wheels for $650 on Criagslist. They go for about $500 a piece new so I was pretty happy about that.

Here are my American Force Adapters. I can't wait to put these on!! They showed up on my doorstep a few days ago and I can't get over how heavy duty these things are. I was a little skeptical of the $850 price tag but man they are quality.

The deal of the year happened to me yesterday though. I've been looking to run super singles on the back. it's a 14" wide wheel that replaces the duals with one super wide wheel and tire. Only problem is the tires are made of gold. Or at least they must be at $1200 a piece!! So yesterday I'm driving home and see a sign at this place that says they specialize in truck tires. So I pull in the drive before I can even see what the place really is. I start chatting to the guy there about what I'm trying to do and he says that they don't sell tires. All they do is send out the skins to get retreaded. They don't even sell to the public. I start describing the truck and what I'm doing and the guy beside him says "Hey we've got some big tires up in the shed that are used" So he takes me to the shed. Shed = massive warehouse filled with truck tires. He pulls these two brand new retreaded tires out and says. I don't really need these. How's $100 each sound.... Um yes!!! I was back in an hr with my buddies mini vane to pick up these beasts. They are Michiellin 445/50R22.5's

Now I just need to get my front wheels milled down to 22 so I can run a regular radial and pick up a set of rear rims and i'm ready to see how this thing sits. Can't wait to post those pics.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1339730181
Attached Images

UncleMatt is offline   Reply With Quote