View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 09:05 PM   #1
Scott Johnson

Just started new project

I think it`s great we got our own board. I am just starting the restoration of my 72 4x4 burb. It`s going to be a fairly hard project as the truck has rust along the bottom. PO cut a hole in the roof for a large cab vent. Who knows why he did it, but the hole got the carpet soaked with water over the years and caused a lot of rust. I am trying to hone my mig welding skills and should be pretty decent by the time I am through with the truck. I think this entire site is great, and I have already received a lot of valuable info. from many of you. I`ll try to post some before pics this weekend and keep everyone posted on my progress. It`s nice to be able to talk to people who have the same interests in these great old trucks. My daily driver is a 71 C10 that my grandfather bought new in 71. I actually went to the dealership with him when he picked the truck up, I was 6 yrs old at the time. He taught me how to drive in the truck, and we took many fishing trips together in it. I guess he is the one who sparked my interest in these trucks. When I restored the truck a few years back, I put a little plaque on the ashtray in memory of him. Well enough of the mush, I am just real excited to be a member of this awesome board.

Scott

www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
Scott Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote