Thread: '70 c10 lq4
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #53
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: '70 c10 lq4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Sleeper View Post
Oh yea! Those look nice and I really like the Edelbrock covers.
Thanks! The coil packs are one of the things I don't like about these motors (that and the stock intake cover )-- I really want to smooth the engine out some. I was looking at the Holley plastic covers, but for the same money, I like the cast aluminum. I don't particularly care for the Edelbrock script, but that's easily remedied...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post
So what made you ditch the TB SS Manifolds for the headers? I've been looking for some manifolds for my swap.... I have Yukon manifolds now but havent test fit anyting yet so not sure if I need them....
Um, well, ya see, I, uh... Yeah, I don't really have a good excuse, other than they're just so pretty. I originally wanted to install it 'stock' and upgrade over time, but I figured since I have to rebuild anyway, and I got the heads and cam (oh, did I mention I picked up an XR273HR Comp grind?!), that it could use the headers, too. Look for some other things to change along the way, as well...

I said I was gonna try to keep this one in check, but I just can't help myself sometimes

That being said, I'll have a nice set of TBSS manifolds for sale, if anyone is looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Stepbed View Post
Looking good, man! I just picked up my shorties from the coaters yesterday. Looks like we're both in ceramic coated header bliss.
Yours look awesome! ...and should last forever...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Awesome headers!
Thanks! Fingers crossed that they fit...
Posted via Mobile Device

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 06-22-2012 at 11:04 AM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote