View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #102
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: Another Dropmember version???? :)

I thought I had seen you mention it somewhere before, but never anything come of it: any chance of you guys using a coil spring like pictured below? (that's a TCI setup for reference)

Basically, instead of coilovers, an option to run factory style coil springs with the mild version Dropmember. It could use the 'bag style shock mounting bracketry for design simplicity, instead of the through-the-coil setup like the TCI pictured. Your lower control arms (as well as CPP and others) are already coil-capable, so it would just require building a new upper 'coil hat' mount, like the pic (*I think*).

Sure, you lose the ride height adjust-ability, but that's only a half inch or so while remaining 'in the sweet spot' of the suspension's intended geometry. Conversely, this could save customers hundreds in coilover costs and may have a certain appeal to those that don't want to stray TOO far from factory components/layout, but upgrade to R&P, with better geometry and ground clearance, under the stock inner fenders, all while using C10 truck parts.

Is this a crazy idea? Seems too simple to me...
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote