View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #106
PBFAB.COM

Re: Another Dropmember version???? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Agreed on the benefits of 'bags, as I run a schrader setup on the rear of my truck. The problems with it, in my experience, are the inherent fluctuations in pressure, and therefore height, due to temperature, leaks, etc.

While this is acceptable to some degree on the rear, these changes in the front suspension will lead to alignment, handling, and tire wear issues. Without some way to positively gauge your set ride height, such as a pressure or height sensor, there's no way of knowing. I envision breaking out the tape measure or yard stick at every stop to ensure your truck is still aligned, or worse yet, driving down the highway slowly leaking air and ruining an expensive 20" tire before you realize your 'bags are leaking...

Coil springs are simple, cheap, reliable and capable. For these reasons, I still run factory coils up front-- guess I just wanna have my cake (improved geometry and ground clearance) and eat it too (affordably and reliably).
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Definietley good points to consider, and we can always find pros and cons to every set-up. Just have to weigh all the options and make the decision that's best for you.

I would raise the eyebrow a little to the pressure change argument due to temperature and barometric pressure. It is fact that the pressure will change due to this outside influences.... but I would make the argument that the changes would be negligeable at best.

The pressure changes in reference to a leak is much more practical, and a simple set of gauges would keep those of us suffering from ADD and OCD from breaking out the yardstick at every intersection.

We have made several "custom" or modified Dropmembers over the years, and are always open to discussing possibilities.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson