View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #13
jmlcolorado

Re: 68 C10/international L110 Mut

And heres the quality control guy. Hes pretty lazy most of the time, and the rest of the time, hes chasing bugs!

Heres some grill shell building fun. This is built out of prebent exhaust tubing cause i wanted nice rounded corners.

First try is a fail! Its way too square and blocky looking. And way too overpowering with the rest of the truck. It will need more work to look right!

I ended up narrowing it 3" then angling the top side down, to give a better look.

Looks good, so now its time to sheet it. I used paper again here to template.

I just had the grill shell mounted temporally, so i need to figure out mounts, and they have to look good too!

On the inside of the shell i welded in 1/8" plate steel from top to bottom to add stregnth. Then i plated the backside and bottom of the bracket so i can bolt it up.

Time to take a break from the brackets and move to the front cross brace for the frame.

And now to figure out the headlight brackets.

The piece of tubing in the photo above will never do! Time for more style.

I also installed for the front bag cups.

You'll notice i need to get new tie rod adapters sleeves. Anyone has some they don't want thatll fit 68 inner tie rods and 73 outer tie rods, let me know!!

Now on to the brake master cylinder. I found this sexy van at the yard that had disk/drums and i thought it would work great!

Also picked up a new prop valve.

Good, now that thats behind us, time to try my hand at tig welding. A gas tank.
I cut all the pieces, then took it to my buddys house and tiged it all together.

Last edited by jmlcolorado; 07-01-2012 at 11:22 PM.
jmlcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote