View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #8
quadzero

Re: '87 GMC Blue Rhino Project

Thanks MT, I'm trying-summers are too short here.
I had a major interference problem with the front driveshaft and exhaust. I found a piece of exhaust which just about had the right bend in it at work and I lowered my pipe and cleared the driveshaft for the time being. I will weld it in properly at the shop I work at, at least I can drive it now without being pulled over by the police.

While I was lowering the transfer case using the kit supplied pieces, I noticed 2 holes in this mount which didnt look right. Turned out the transfer case wasn't anchored down and I had been driving it like this for a long time. Laying on my back and lifting it up I was surprised how easy it was to move around. Can't believe I didn't have any problems with this. Got 2 new bolts and secured it down. That banging coming from the box which I thought was my loose jack and tools is gone now.

Just wanted to share my new purchase, a 1999 Landrover.

It's not a Chevy but at least it's a 4x4. This will really take the pressure off working on my truck and now I can take my time on the painting and other modifications. Plus I don't have to ask people for rides anymore. Cheers, Les
quadzero is offline   Reply With Quote