Thread: The Brown Truck
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #249
SFTorange

Re: The Brown Truck

Hard to believe its been this long since I've posted an update. Since the truck's been on the road, I've kept fine tuning things (and of course finding ways to scratch my new paint!). Here are some pics of what I've done..

I installed arm rests (I like the '55-'65 design a lot better). They match great and make it a lot easier to get the doors closed.

Name:  IMAG0185.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  28.7 KB

Here's a picture with the jump seat installed. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out with the seats. I'm 6'4, so it's a bit tight, but manageable, and the storage/cupholders are great.

Name:  IMAG0189.jpg
Views: 2060
Size:  56.6 KB

I installed a receiver hitch a couple of weeks ago. It was a snap, and worked great with the underbed tank. I used the Reese Towpower 33065 33 Series Class III / IV Professional Hitch Receiver from Amazon. It worked great for $144.99. My next project is trailer wiring.

Name:  IMAG0188.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  28.5 KB

I debated a lot about what steering wheel to use, and I finally landed on this Camaro replica wheel. Someday I'll have to figure out how to cut down an original. They're just too big in diameter for a truck with power steering. I also went through my gauges and installed a new lens and stickers over the gauge faces. I was having trouble with my temp gauge (reproduction original) reading too hot. I installed this sending unit from Lectric Limited, and now it reads where it should.

Name:  IMAG0186.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  28.6 KB