View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
towbar

Location: Marshall, NC....heart of the Appalachians.....aka, Gods country!!
virgin 72 swb C10 deluxe

Hi everyone! Newly registered and subscribed to the site but have been looking for a while now. Some killer builds and awesome info to be learned on here. I have been out of the 67-72 trucks for a while, sold my last 71 in 1993, (been building the squares and S trucks since then) so I’m a little out of the loop on the prices these things are going for now. I have an opportunity to buy a virgin 72 custom deluxe but would like to know what these things are worth now since I am a working guy and the $$ don’t come easy. I only have a few pics but can give a pretty decent description so hopefully you guys can work with that and give me some idea of what would be a fair price for the truck. Here’s some info.....

The good: 1972 short wide bed, custom deluxe package, 350, AT, PS, PB, radio delete, black on black, 100% original paint and patina, matching #’s for what its worth, 2 owner, 2nd owner bought at an estate sale and is presumed 142k miles, SC truck , runs and drives like it has 42k, engine starts easy and very quite, Q-jet choke works nicely, straight and absolutely rust free bed, bed floor and wheel tubs are nice and straight although no paint on them, 8 inch truck rally wheels with new 255/70/15 tires, clean and rust free frame, 50% of the side trim is restorable and straight, perfect original dash pad, really nice deluxe scroll door panels, firewall nice and rust free, floor pans rust free, cab supports are clean and rust free, no rust in the cab roof or drip rails, inner rockers are rust free, nice original grill insert, all gauges work except gas gauge, all lights and signals work, wiring harnesses all seem to be in nice condition and no hacking evident

The bad: Needs both rocker panels (included in buy), needs PS cab corner, needs PS inner fender, DS inner fender has small (2" x 2") rust spot by steering box but is repairable. Needs PS fender or repair at front lower corner, DS fender is absolutely rust free but was killed at some point in life so it’ll need replacing. PS door is bad rusty in the lower jam and was slightly dented at the bottom below the wide trim however outside door skin is rust free, DS door is clean on the outside but has small fixable rust in the jam, arm rest pads disintegrated, 2 sheet metal screws through the radio delete plate and dash to hold the plate on, 2 - 3 inch x ½ inch rust holes in the both lower kick panels, both window regulators are worn out, windshield cracked, bottom of the radiator support needs repair on the PS, needs battery tray, outer grill shell beat to crap, front bumper pretty straight and usable but chrome is dull, rear sport bumper is horribly bent but brackets seem straight, gravel shields there and straight and rust free, tailgate is bent to crap and a little rusty at the bottom, engine is stone stock with all the clips and spark plug retainers, heat tube from exhaust etc, truck been sitting in a hey field for about 5 years but engine starts and idles smooth but probably could use a carb rebuild and valve seals, trans needs pulling and front seal replaced due to leak but shifts like new, needs all weather stripping, window run channels and window felts.

Sorry so lengthy but trying to give an accurate description

Any help you guys can lend would be great!
Attached Images

towbar is offline   Reply With Quote