View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
69K10King

69 Chevy K10 Build (Big Betsy)

This is my 1969 Chevy K10 4x4 Fleetside Shortbed, nicknamed Big Betsy, dream truck build. I just recently saved this truck from the elements of an open field in North Carolina. This has been my dream truck since I was a little kid but would always come up with some excuse of why it wasn't responsible for me to buy it. After going through a long divorce I figured this would be the best time if any to follow through with my dream, no excuses.

My dad and grandfather used to customize cars as a hobby back in the day but gave up his dream to do it full time because of family and a stable career. I was very unlucky to not get any of the family skills passed down to me so I have absolutely no experience with cars or restorations. With that said it means I am teaching myself how to do absolutely everything, so I will be asking a lot of questions and I hope you guys can help answer them (I've tried to get a hands in approach at many diff shops but with 0% experience I obviously wasn't looked at as serious).

A little about myself, I'm currently 25 years old and just recently got out of the US Marine Corp (Medical Discharge) after 6 long years and two tours in Iraq. Now I am going back to school to finish a double major in business management and accounting in Columbus, GA.

--I'll post some pictures of my baby very soon.--
Posted via Mobile Device
69K10King is offline   Reply With Quote