View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
Billett

Re: Disc Brake and Lug Conversion

Those styles are actually really popular near me and I'm not a huge fan. I don't think they look bad, just not for me. Here is one I saw at the show this past weekend,

Just a couple more to show how nice it was

Like I said I don't hate them, just not my style. However I had started looking up some styles I liked and I'm leaning towards something like this

Styled just like you mentioned with a black center and polished rim and lip. Not necessarily that exact rim, but I've always had a thing for 5 spokes and I like the older style of these. Some others I've considered

I know these are 5 lugs but they make them in 6 I just can't find a pic...

I'd love to talk to you more about the truck over on my project thread. I have some other thoughts I'd like to bounce off of you since your insight so far has been super helpful! I like the idea of the lettering on the side, but it isn't the original lettering. If you notice on the side the "TEXA" part has the shadows going one way and the "CO" going another so that the "CO" appear to be smaller letters. I'm probably going to repaint it in a similar fashion, but I'm still up in the air about how I want to do it. I like the 23 and 1/2 hour service slogan and really want to incorporate it. The truck really needs a once over on the body for a lot of other reasons too, but for now I'll stick with brakes.
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna

Last edited by Billett; 07-16-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote