View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #148
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Re: Parting out '85 Sierra Classic 1500 4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5bassman View Post
Sorry, been out of the country for the last two weeks. Just need the three a/c vent pieces shown in the middle, not the ac tube or right side tube. I believe someone else was asking about the tube. What shape are the vents in?
Posted via Mobile Device
the vents look good, but 2 of them have a fin that is broken in the back so all of the fins don't move together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5bassman View Post
Does the tube on the right have the vent in it?
Posted via Mobile Device
It does not have the vent in it, the vent from it is one of the vents mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseDale3and8 View Post
I'm pleased with it! I'm also wanting a really good set of cab mount bolts/washers. Mine are shot. Got my radiator support out right now as I'm doing an engine swap. When I unbolted the radiator support to frame bolts the washers underneath completely disintegrated! They were the worst rusted parts that I've seen so far on this truck! I took a look at the other 4 bolts/washers and they aren't in very good shape either. How good are the ones on this truck?

Also looking for a bracket for the A/C. Want the one that bolts to the exhaust manifold. I want to keep my original just in case I want to do a original restoration on it some day, but since my new small block is going to have headers, and I want to keep the A/C compressor intact, I need one that I don't mind cutting on to make it fit around the headers. Let me know what ya got. Thanks! ...Joe
I would think that the bolts would be in good shape, I have not run into any hardware issues with this truck (so far). I can check this out this weekend if not before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanmanj View Post
A/C coompressor any good?
Posted via Mobile Device
A/C was in great working order before I started taking thing apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryguy View Post
Does it happen to have a bolt in tranny hump/tunnel?
I am not sure I can check this out this weekend if not before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty4x4 View Post
Is the driver side floor support any good?
I have not been under the truck yet, I will try to check that out this weekend if not before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwade57 View Post
im looking for the rubber wedge and bolt that holds the battery in place can you help?
I got a set in nice shape, $8.50 shipped?
Attached Images