View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
Ford Assassin

Talking Added a TVS 1900 Supercharger to my 5.3 Swap...

I recently decided that I'd like to have more fun in my K5. So when a smokin' deal popped up for a Eaton TVS 1900 Supercharger with less than 5k miles on the clock, I jumped on it. It shares the same head unit with the latest CTS-V and new Camaro ZL1. These units are all intercooled too.

I also picked up a the meth/water injection kit that was on the same truck, made by Snow Performance. I hooked it up to a Hoobs switch set to 5 psi. The spray nozzle is inside the air intake tube.

Since this kit was intended for a 2007+ Silverado, it needed a few mods to work on my '86 K5 with a 2001 5.3. Nothing huge, the biggest mods were a 2007+ Silverado water pump to clear the blowers idler, the heat exchanger modified to fit behind my grille, and fabbing a throttle cable bracket since all 2004+ Silverados came DBW instead of throttle cable.

I also upgraded to a Edelbrock 90mm throttle body since the blower is already setup for a 4-bolt 2007+ pattern. Plus you don't want/need any restrictions on the intake side of a SD blower.

A few other mods I did was drilled/tapped the lower intake for 3/8" NPT and 1/8" NPT to allow use of a IAT sensor after the internal intercooler. This way the PCM has the actual air temps entering the engine to adjust the timing better. The 1/8" NPT was connected to a Tee and used for the Hobbs switch and a boost/vacuum gauge inside the cab.

I finished the installed today, still needs a base tune since it will be running as Speed Density with a 2-Bar MAP sensor instead of the factory MAF and 1-Bar MAP sensor. Hopefully I get it in to my buddy's shop tomorrow (Wed) to get it Dyno tuned. I still need to hookup my AEM Wideband gauge too.

Anyway, I'll post updates as the come.

Take care guys!!
Attached Images

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=803608
Ford Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote