View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #239
Project82
Bretzke Racing Inc.

Thumbs up Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

Hey Captainfab, i was doing some researching on Wilwood's website, and after reading this entire thread, I really like the idea of having the Wilwood D52 calipers on all four corners but i really have to retain a parking brake for safety inspection. What do you personally think about the Wilwood kits for the rear of my truck? I'd like to use the Wilwood D52 up front since i have Powerstop drilled rotors already, (Chevy Caprice 1" front rotors). So i need the 2" front piston dia. D52 calipers. I guess my question is, you would think one of Wilwood's rear kits would work in "harmony" with their own front replacement calipers...??

Here's the URL to the page i was looking at on Wilwood's site.. http://wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKi...olet&model=C10

I really like the D154 rear kit they mention for $750 since it matches their front calipers but they say it won't fit with 15" wheels...

http://wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKi...olet&model=C10

And i like the Dynapro low-profile but the calipers in that kit are 4-piston, but that setup fits a 15" wheel.....

...Also after looking at their internal parking brake drum style setup it doesn't look that complicated to incorporate it into your brackets, then we could use D52 rear calipers, 1.25" dia pistons, and have their parking brake setup but that leaves what rotor to use?.... hmmm..

Any thoughts from anybody whose had experience with these setups??? or similair setups?

Thanks, Kris

2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS RCSWB - Dark Spiral Gray Metallic
Lowered 2/4 - 4.8L V8 4L60E 10-bolt. some goodies --- NEW DD 11/9/12

"Expect the Un-expected"

"Gas, Grass, Or Ass...No one rides for FREE!"
Project82 is offline   Reply With Quote