View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #12
nitrosport_5

Re: 1972 K20 "Diamond in the Rough"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86454k30 View Post
Nice purchase! I really wanted that truck, if I didn't have my 86 I woulda bought it. You should have seen it in its day(early 90s) it was an awesome truck.

That rear bumper was made by a company called Bundy Bumpers, I use to sell them. Those traction bars were custom made by my buddies uncle. Originally the truck was lifted and the 396 was put in by B&K motors here in spokane, again in the early 90s.

Are you going to keep it the same colors with the new body?
The guy that i bought it from showed me a picture. It looked like it was nice. Is a shame it was let go. Do you know the guy that owned it before i bought it?

Id like to know any more info you may have on the truck. Any idea what all was done to the 396? when i bought it he said that it had a huge cam in it and he replaced it with an RV cam or somthing like that to tame it down since it was his daily driver.

The truck looks like it was very well done.. suspention wise. The wiring for the alarm and radio.. that was another story. Its a shame to see that it was let go so bad. The only part of the body that i think is usable is the damn hood. the rest of it is just falling apart.

I think i will stick with the original blue and white. was it always this color? I really like the orange and white but with the interior pieces being blue it would look like total ****. and i really dont want to paint them or buy new ones. the blue isnt a bad color either so its not that big of a deal.

I dont know why but the truck in your picture looks familiar. for some reason i keep thinking ive seen it somewhere but just cant remember exactly where.
nitrosport_5 is offline   Reply With Quote