View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #41
buggy5872

Re: Big Bertha build thread

Three weeks left...not front clip, no bed, not lights, and most of the dash was not in. I worked on the front clip tilt mecanism for a while. I have a hydralic cylinder that is suposed to tilt for me but it did not work out the way I wanted it so I abandoned it until a later date. I got the front clip mouted and tilting correctly.

Good thing for my hady shop crane or I would not of been able to get it on and off the 20 or so times while I cut and welded on things to make it work. Making a one piece tilt front end out of a regular front end is not as easy as I first thought. Now on to the body work. I knew there was some bondo above the driver headlight and assumed it was from some rust out. Silly me to assume. I pulled a 5" thick piece of bondo off and the fender had been hit and pushed back that far. It was a mess but there are not many around so I had to cut it off and hand form a new top of the fender. This summer I did score a nice fender and front grill panel. f i would of had them earlier it would of save me a ton of time.

Last edited by buggy5872; 08-01-2012 at 12:11 PM.
buggy5872 is offline   Reply With Quote