View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #221
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

FINALLY.....another bunch of LONG days but...COLOR!

We had to run around to pick up some crap I forgot as always (buy 1.5 times the amount of reducer you THINK you need....and then remember you use it to clean the guns, other stuff, and to over reduce epoxy for sealer.

We got the epoxy all reduced for sealing (about recommended plus ~20% extra reducer). Shot one coat of that, let it setup for about 10 and came back wet with color. Yes its a f*rd color, but they didn't make good use of it Grabber Blue (F3, the original color not the 2012 color). It wasn't exact, but we did about 2.5 medium wet coats, and came back with Paint Shope Matte Clear. Some might ask "why a premix clear"? Well A. its easy, and b. I couldn't find a flattening agent at my local supplier, and I knew the level of satin the Paint Shop stuff delivers. Another 2-2.5 medium wet coats, with almost another extra coat on the grill surround area and the lower hood lip for chip protection.
We did have 1 stupid run....because we clogged the air hole in the top of the hvlp and it spat solvent out damnit! We have to fix that in a couple once it hardens. I know my body isn't show-quality, and the paint isn't perfect....but I'm damn proud of what we did in a garage. Ok, enough excuses, time for pictures (many more to come after it cures)

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote