View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #297
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Yesterday I picked up a new small stripper disc so I could get the rest of the powder coat off the inside of the hub. Applied two coats of DPLF white epoxy primer and left it to cure overnight. This morning I sanded it down and applied a tiny amount of Rage filler to a couple of spots.

This afternoon after sanding the filler I coated it again in UPol 2K high fill primer and am leaving it overnight to cure. Hopefully tomorrow the only thing left to do will be to block sand the whole thing (again) and shoot the paint. I’m getting to know this one part a lot better than I ever wanted to!

Craigerrr - I’ve also decided I like the chrome center better than the horn button. It looks more universal like a Cal Custom accessory, and I like how it improves the shape of the center hub. If the horn button had been stainless steel I would have at least polished it up to see how it looked, but it was just an old dull chrome finish so I lost interest.

Normally I wouldn’t feel so rushed but my stepson and his family are coming in from out of state. I need to get this finished before they show up or it will never get completed in time for the Goodguys show next weekend, and I’d still like to find time to meet up with McMurphy and his wife if possible.