View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #357
CTENTA1
Registered 1971 K5

Re: Project: Custom 71 4x4 hotrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver7 View Post
Wow -just noticed how long it has been since I posted. My 10 year old son is playing baseball and AAU basketball at the same time, not to mention I am one of his baseball coaches. Also been traveling a lot for work so time has been limited lately. But I am still as excited as ever to get this thing completed.

I have been doing some work these last couple of months such as cleaning cleaning my transfer case and transmission for paint, purchasing a mint Mastercool Hydraulic brake line flaring kit off Craigslist ($240). Also purchased some custom parts from Offroad Design (extended front braided stainless and Kevlar brake lines) and Inline Tube since the kit I bought needed modifications. Yesterday I finished plumbing my brake lines, minus the master cylinder of course. Used a cut off wheel to cut the lines, a drill to clean the lines out, sandpaper to prep the end, Mastercool hydraulic kit to double 45 degree flare my lines, and a little contraption I bought on Ebay to bend my lines. I am happy with how it all turned out.
Not sure, but the front brake line to the front driver caliper looks odd. Something doesnt look right! It looks a little streched. If im not mistaken the end of the hose that mounts on the chassis should be mounted closer to the firewall on the chassis. And I believe the hose end on the caliper should face up instead of down. Someone correct me if im wrong...
CTENTA1 is offline   Reply With Quote