View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #149
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Ok, so I think I figured out what was wrong with my welder... The problem was somewhere between the welder and the cab, and in case you have not figured it out just yet, the problem was holding the welding nozzle.

first I double checked the wire feed mechanism, and made sure everything was working properly. I even removed and reinstalled the wire into the welder.

As it turns out, the one thing that really helps me weld better is.... reading the frigging instructions! I was going by the welders I used in class and how I had set them. Of course my welder is totally different; so all I really had to do was read the sticker on the welder that tells you what heat and speed settings to use for each different gauge of metal.

So, the first pic is the same patch I did in the previous post, but I re-welded it and grinded down the welds. There is still a small hole I need to fix, but it's much better.

The next set of pics is the back part of the support that I cut out and patched, right next to the same piece I already did. I think this came out pretty well. Let me know what you think.

So, I am going to finish up whatever welding I can do while the cab is on it's back. Then I can tip it back over and actually start getting this job done!
Attached Images

DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote