View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #331
clemdaddy

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
I agree. I really like the "scoop" in the center. IMO it's the only style point GMC ever did better than Chevy. I spent years looking for one of those and never came up with an example worth buying. Back when I bought my truck there were literally hundreds of 60-66 Chevy and GMC trucks in the local wrecking yards and even with that volume to pick from, hoods without major rust or damage were nearly impossible to find. It took 7 years to find the Chevy hood I ended up with, and I consider myself lucky to have found it.

I also wanted to try a 1960 Chevy double hump hood with gloss black inserts and spent additional years looking for one of those. But I like the one I have (and my wife prefers it), so eventually I lost interest and moved on to other priorities.
hey mark, let me know if your priorities change back. i think i got a couple of those mid sixties gmc hoods in good shape. pm me when you're interested...by the way, i'm one who likes the early sixties hoods and your original is cool.
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote