View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
Bird_Reynolds

Re: '77 Camper Special

Here are pics from when I got the truck. I think that is my nephew in the cab--where is he going?
Mechanically the truck didnt really need anything, so all I had to do was the bodywork. I was talking to my buddy Manuel (the guy with the Mater truck from my brother's thread) and he said his dad's body shop would do the work. So basically I just bought this truck and then hauled it off to the body shop. I didn't turn a single wrench. There are a lot of pro's to doing it this way
The deal I struck with Manuel, Sr. was pretty simple: he would work on it when his guys were idle. So he had the truck for like 4 months, but he did a super job. The truck needed a new bed, a door, fenders, corners. Plus it had those ugly mirrors! I think there may have been a hole in the floor too. But like I said the body guys did an awesome job. It was also cool to order parts from LMC and have them shipped directly to the body shop.
In these pics you can see the truck tore down, and where they tacked in a new rocker.
Attached Images

Bird_Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote