View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #23
Gator Alum

Re: Danny Boy's '59 4 Eyes Project

Thanks BC... It's coming along. Since I'm in Florida, I haven't driven it all that much during the summer bc it was so flipping hot out.

I looked into the death wobble. The tires have a serious flat spot and a bulge out of the side, so new tires are a must. The seal in the master cylinder failed too, so no brakes. The wheels also wobble top to bottom a whole bunch so I need to work on the king pins... Need to do some serious research on that. Perhaps I could just shim them...

For brakes I want a dual reservoir MC for safety. Ultimately I would like discs, so I'm thinking of just getting the whole CPP kit for $750... I posted in the main forum too on the subject. I may just get some dual MC and make it work (anyone have any suggestions?). I don't mind the manual brakes and don't really need the power booster. I'd like to keep the stock brake pedal.

I also removed the stereo as I have a RetroSound unit arriving tomorrow and a new speaker. Turns out the speaker wasn't hooked up at all so the unit may be good and I just needed to hook up the speaker. We'll see. It'd be nice to resell a working original HU to recoup some $$.

What a night though... some simple problem turned into so much more. I want to get her back on the road as fall is quickly approaching.
Gator Alum is offline   Reply With Quote